Originally designed for use as part of a below ground waterproofing system, Cavity Drain Membranes are now being used extensively for all manner of above ground damp proofing remedial details. We use a range of different membranes, depending on the clients particular needs and can combat both Rising & Penetrating Damp whilst having the added benefit of improving insulation which has a fantastic impact on reducing Condensation levels in a property.
The benefits of using membranes for above ground damp proofing are significant:
- Faster completion times of the works, its even possible to finish in a single day !
- Often there is less mess and dust reducing the inconvenience and disruption to the household.
- Used in listed buildings it can allow for the original structure/decor/fixtures to be retained whilst allowing for modern finishes to be applied.
- Allows for an improvement in insulation/soundproofing (using specific plasterboards/soundboards) without the need for studwork.
- Drying times, where plastering has been needed are greatly reduced allowing decoration to be completed sooner.
If you have issues with Dampness or Condensation then membranes may be part of an effective solution so why not give us a call today for more information or to arrange for a Free of Charge survey 0800 161 3078.